Friday, October 1, 2010

The Lovely Linked In

Linked In - who would have thunk it?  It is an amazing tool and I have one pointer and one great story to tell.  The pointer:  when you come across a recruiter that specializes in your industry - in this case, Supply Chain - send them an invitation on Linked In!  Whether you find them on Linked In, The Ladders, their web site, wherever, send an invitation.  I always accept because I use Linked In as a tool in my research when I begin a new search.  I try very hard to invite all candidates that send resumes, but many times, I don't have enough time.  So if you can beat me to it, great!  The Story:  I recently posted a discussion topic - I was conducting a high level search specific to Supplier Relationship Management and needed to find candidates that had implementation experience to the nth degree.  I simply asked a few groups "What are the leading SRM companies in the US?" or something to that effect.  I needed to know where to hunt.  I received an answer - a QUALIFIED answer, not an attempt at trying to SELL me something - and responded in order to pick this guy's brain.  The long and short of it is that he ended up being a great candidate and (keep your fingers crossed) we hope to see an offer in the next few days!  The moral of the story - using Linked In as it is INTENDED to be used WORKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment